This is a very filling breakfast or evening snack item, that one can very well have for dinner as well, as it really satisfies one’s hunger pangs and taste buds. As this dish packs in bread, eggs, chicken, mayonnaise and even cheese, it offers a whole lot of energy and tastes like blast of flavours in your mouth. So, whenever you are feeling extra hungry and want to treat yourself with a hearty and yummy snack item, you can easily make yourself this ‘French toast style chicken-mayo sandwich’.
Without further ado, let’s dive into the recipe:
For 2 sandwiches (4 pieces)
- 4 slices of multigrain or whole wheat bread
- 1 cup of boil boneless chicken, shredded
- 1/4th cup of mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4th cup of processed cheese, grated
- 1/4th cup of spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian herbs – 1 teaspoon
- A bit of butter to spread on the bread slices
- Oil or butter for frying – 2 tablespoons
- To make the filling, in a bowl mix the boiled and shredded chicken, mayonnaise, spring onions, salt and pepper and Italian herbs. Add the grated mozzarella and processed cheese and combine well. Keep aside.
- Now, lightly spread butter on one side of each bread slice, and spread the prepared filling mixture on 2 slices of bread in equal quantities. Put the other 2 slices of bread on top and press lightly to make the sandwich.
- Now, in a bowl beat the eggs along with a pinch of salt and pepper, till the eggs mix well and become smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Add 1 tablespoon of oil or butter. Take one sandwich, dip well in the egg mixture and place it on the frying pan. Let each side cook for around 2 minutes on low flame to cook well. Cover with a lid for a minute to let the egg coating cook well. Take the lid off. Flip the sandwich very carefully with a flat spatula and cook till each side gets a golden brown color and gets a crisp surface.
- Repeat the same frying process for the other sandwich as well.
- Cut each sandwich diagonally into 2 pieces, and serve immediately in a plate along with your favourite sauce or dip and potato chips.