Here is comfort food that will be liked and enjoyed by both adults and kids alike. The Chicken Nugget Pakoras are especially loved by the children and can make for a good school lunch recipe. It can be prepared very easily at home and is a serious competition for the restaurant and fast food joints’ version of chicken nuggets. Fresh ingredients and lack of colors and preservatives also make it a much healthier option compared to the packaged frozen chicken nuggets.
So, let’s dive into this easy and tasty treat recipe.
- 400 grams of boneless chicken, cut into small bite-sized cubes
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon milk powder
- 1 Egg
- ½ Teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ Teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder
- ½ Teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Salt
- 1/4th Cup Water
- 1/4th Cup white vinegar
- In a mixing bowl, add the thoroughly washed and drained chicken cubes. Add all the marinade ingredients – salt, sugar, water and vinegar and marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- In another mixing bowl breaks the egg, beat lightly. Add the milk powder, pepper powder, Kashmiri chili powder, and Italian seasoning and whisk in. Add the milk to the mixture and mix well.
- Add the flour to this mixture and combine everything in a light, but thick batter.
- Drain the marinated chicken well from the liquid. Add the chicken to the prepared batter and coat all chicken well with the mixture. Keep covered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the chicken nugget pakoras in batches. Do not overcrowd, and fry till the nuggets have developed reddish brown color on all sides.
- Serve hot with any sauce or mayo dip of your choice.