Just as the summer season start scorching us, we start craving for cold treats. Cold drinks, soda, juices, ice-cream, kulfi, we do have tons of options, but store bought things that are loaded with chemicals, are definitely not great for our health and we all know that. Thus, here is an easy to make Kesar Kulfi recipe that you can make at home and enjoy whenever you want.
This recipe teaches you the secret to very creamy kulfi without any hassles. It will offer the authentic store bought kulfi and is also a much healthier option with the goodness of milk and dry fruits. Easily make at home it will takes care of health and hygiene and will certainly win over the hearts of adults and children alike.
So let us dive into the recipe without further ado:
- Fresh full cream or double cream – 1 cup
- Condensed milk – ½ cup
- Thickened milk or evaporated milk – ½ cup. Note: (you can buy evaporated milk or easily thicken milk by boiling full-cream milk on medium flame for around 30 minutes, while stirring continuously)
- Powdered sugar – ½ cup (or as per taste)
- Pistachios – 2 tablespoons
- Cardamom powder – ½ teaspoon
- Almond – 8-10 tablespoon
- Saffron (kesar) – ½ teaspoon mixed in 1 tablespoon of warm milk
- White bread – 1 slice
- Rose syrup and 1 teaspoon of chopped pistachios for garnishing
* You will also need any kulfi mold (silicon, plastic or metal ones), or greased tiny glass tumblers will also do.
- In a blender jar, put all the ingredients and blend very nicely.
- Pour out evenly in kulfi moulds and freeze for at least 8 hours.
When serving, take out of moulds, cut into roundels and garnish with rose syrup and chopped pistachios. Serve immediately. Enjoy!