In this hot weather, it’s natural and common to crave for ice cream but for those trying to lose or maintain their weight, ice cream can be really fattening. But, what if we tell you that you can change that by creating your own natural healthy ice cream which will taste just as good as your regular ice cream? Yes, it’s true! We’ve got you 5 of the easiest and healthy ice cream recipes you really should try to make at least once because once you do, you will definitely want to repeat!
1. Banana-Peanut Ice cream
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk – ¼ cup
- Peanut flour – 2 tbsp.
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp.
- Natural sweetener – 1 packet
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Banana – 1 large
- Mini chocolate chips – 1 tsp.
- Take a small bowl, add almond milk, peanut flour, vanilla extract, and salt and whisk them together.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube mould and freeze until solid.
- Then soften the peanut cubes and bananas and blend them together for 15 minutes.
- Then add all the ingredients together and blend them until smooth.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and pulse until just broken up.
- Freeze until prepared.
- Serve a scoop topped with a dash of cinnamon, chopped peanuts, and sliced bananas.
2. Nutella Yogurt Ice cream
- Yogurt – 2 cups
- Nutella – 2/3 cup
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 ½ tsp.
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Cocoa powder – ¼ cup
- Natural sweetener – 1/3 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Blend all the ingredients together until absolutely smooth.
- Then churn the ingredients into the ice cream making machine according to the directions.
- Or, freeze the ingredients and blend after every 3 hours until prepared well.
- Top with chocolate chips before serving.
Green tea Ice Cream
- Matcha green tea powder – 1 tbsp.
- Whole milk – 1 cup
- Heavy whipped cream – 2 cups
- White sugar – ¾ cup
- Eggs – 2
- Take a bowl, add matcha powder, a splash of milk and whisk the two ingredients properly until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Gradually add the rest of the milk while whisking continuously.
- Take a saucepan, add match mixture and whipped cream and heat over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Then take another bowl and mix sugar and eggs and whisk them together. Pour the matcha mixture into the egg mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Cook and stir the mixture for about 3 more minutes. Then remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Add the chilled mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the instructions.
4. Healthy Red Velvet Cheese Ice Cream
- Red velvet cake mix – 2 cups
- Eggs – 2
- Condensed milk – 1 ½ milk
- Whipped cream – 1 cup
- Cream cheese – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
- Crushed walnuts
- Mix and bake the red velvet mix as advised on the box.
- Take a large bowl, add milk, whipped cream, cheese, butter, lemon juice, and vanilla. Whisk using a blender until smooth.
- Cut the Red Velvet cake in half. Crumble one half into the ice cream batter, leaving large chunks.
- Gently fold the cake pieces into the ice cream batter. Pour ice cream batter into a seal-able, freezer safe container. Sprinkle with the crushed pecans.
- Seal and freeze overnight. Serve frozen.
5. Hazelnut Mocha Ice Cream
- Non-fat Greek yogurt – 4 cups
- Nutella – 1 cup + 2 tbsp.
- Espresso – 2/3 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Take a bowl and combine all ingredients by blending them.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Freeze and blend again according the ice cream maker’s instructions.