No matter how particular you are about your diet but once you start craving something, there’s no way you can suffice it without loading your mouth with it. This is the reason why most people cannot follow their healthy and balanced diet properly. Therefore, we have found an alternative. These nutritional recipes are so delicious they will easily satiate your cravings. Doesn’t matter if you’re craving for junk or a drink, or even if you have a sweet-tooth, we have something for everyone! Here are 5 of our best picks:
1. Baked onion rings
- Sweet or red onions (thinly sliced into rings) – 1 (large) Whole-grain bread crumbs – ½ cup Flour – ½ cup Baking powder – ½ tsp Black pepper – ¼ tspSea salt – to taste Egg white – 1 Low-fat milk – ¾ cup
- First, reheat the oven to 400-degrees. Then, take a medium-sized bowl, add bread crumbs. Flour, salt, pepper powder and baking soda. Mix everything well. Take your sliced onion rings and separate them. Add the individual rings one by one into the flour mix. Toss well and set the coated onion rings aside. Then whisk together milk egg and add to the flour mix. Stir well to combine. Again dip the onion rings into the mixture. Then place them on the non-stick cookies sheet. Spray some olive oil on the rings and bake them. Flip after 10 minutes until the rings are golden-brown in colour. Bake for another 15 minutes.
2. Fudge brownie bites
- Dates – 1 cupRaw almonds – ½ cup Raw walnuts – ½ cup Cocoa – ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract – 1 tsp Water – 1 tbsp.
- Grind walnuts and almonds to form crumb like consistency using a blender or food processor. Transfer the nuts into a medium-sized bowl. In the same bowl, also add cocoa and vanilla and mix them together. Grind the dates in the food processor a couple of times until they are of a gooey consistency. Add this gooey ball of dates to the nut mixture along with vanilla and water. Use your hands to combine the entire mixture and knead it into a one large ball. From the huge ball, make small truffles of 1-2 inch. Sprinkle rest of the cocoa on your truffles, cover them and refrigerate.
3. BBQ Chicken tenders
- Barbecue sauce – 1 cup Mustard – 2 tbsp. Honey – 2 tbsp. Chicken tenders – 680 g All-purpose flour – ½ cup Salt – ½ tsp Freshly grounded pepper – ½ tsp Eggs – 2 Bread crumbs – 1 ¾ cups Olive oil – spray
- Take a large bowl, add ½ cup barbecue sauce, mustard and honey. Stir well to combine. Cut any large chicken tenders half lengthwise and add into the remaining sauce. Coat well. Keep in refrigerator for 30-60 minutes. Preheat the oven to 450-degree F. Take a large rimmed baking sheet, and coat it with cooking spray. Take a shallow dish and combine flour, salt and pepper in it. In another dish, beat the eggs and set aside. Coat all the chicken tenders in the flour to coat well and then dip in egg. Let the excess to dip off, and then roll them in the bread crumbs. Place the coated chicken tenders on the baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray. Bake the tenders of 10 minutes, turn them over and bake again until the outside is crisp and chicken is cooked through. Serve with the remaining sauce.
4. Blueberry-lime Margarita
- Ice – 2 cups Frozen blueberries – 1 cup Blueberry nectar – 1 cup Seltzer water – ¼ cup Frozen limeade – 2 tbsp. Lime juice – 1 tbsp. Tequila – 90 mL Wedge – 1 lime Coarse salt
- Take a blender and add ice, blueberries, blueberry nectar, seltzer, limeade, lime juice, and tequila, and blend everything together until smooth. Take 2 glasses and rub its rim with a lime wedge and dip in salt. Divide the margarita drink between the 2 glasses.
5. Black bean nacho pizza
- Lukewarm water – ¾ cup + 2 tbsp. Dry yeast – 1 packet Sugar – 1 tsp Salt – ½ tsp Whole-wheat flour – 1 cup All-purpose flour – 1 cup Yellow cornmeal – 2 tbsp.
- Black beans – 1 cup Chopped red pepper – ½ cup Garlic clove – 1 Chilli powder – 1 tbsp. Salt – ¼ tsp Yellow cornmeal – for dusting Shredded cheese – 1 cup Diced tomatoes – 2 Thinly sliced scallions – 4 Black olives – ¼ cup Jalapenos – 2 tbsp.
- Take a large bowl, add water, yeast, sugar and salt, and stir to combine for about 5 minutes. Then add both flours and cornmeal. Knead to make a smooth and elastic dough. Coat the dough with oil, cover with kitchen towel and set aside for about an hour, until it becomes double its size. Once done, flatten the dough into a circle after dusting with flour on top and bottom surface. Preheat frill to low. Take the food processor and place black beans, peppers, garlic, chilli powder and salt and grind until the mixture is smooth. Take a large baking sheet and sprinkle cornmeal. Roll and tough and transfer I to the baking sheet. Grill it to prepare the pizza crust for about 3-4 minutes. Top the other side of crust with the bean mixture, also layer cheese, and other toppings Grill for about 8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the bottom of crust has turned brown. Remove from oven and serve!