Mac and cheese is unquestionably the world’s most ‘comforting’ comfort-food which we all just love to binge on! However, most of us have only eaten it in the simplest and the most ordinary way possible but surprisingly, there are numerous other ways in which you can savour on this amazingly-delicious dish! Here are 6 of the easiest and most delectable ones!
1. Fried Mac ‘n’ Cheese balls
- Macaroni- 1 packetButter- 8 tbspFlour- 4 tbspMilk- 1 cupShredded Cheddar Cheese- ½ CupBread crumbs- 2 cupsOil for frying
- Cook Macaroni as directed on the packet. Drain and keep.Mix butter, flour, milk and cheese in a pan and cook on low flame until cheese melts and mixes well. Put macaroni into the mixture and stir.Mix the bread crumbs with the mixture and put into in the refrigerator for 20 minutes after covering it.Spread a cooking sheet. Scoop out 1/4th of a cup Mac n cheese and roll into balls in the leftover bread crumbs. Freeze the balls for 30 minutes.Deep fry the balls in hot oil until it turns brown in color. Serve hot with ranch dressing or barbeque sauce.
2. Mac ‘n’ Cheese salad
- Macaroni- 1 and a half cupsShredded Cheddar Cheese- 1 cupPeas- 20 gChopped celery- ¼ cupThinly sliced green onion- 3 tbspChopped tomatoes- 20gMayonnaise- 1 cupCider vinegar- 2 tbspSalt and pepper to taste
- Take a large bowl of boiling salted water and cook macaroni in it until is still firm when bitten, rinse it under cold water and drain.Boil the peas until they are soften.Take another bowl and mix macaroni and vinegar and allow it to settle for 15-20 minutes.Add cheese, celery, green onions, peas, tomatoes, mayonnaise, salt and pepper and mix well.Keep it in the refrigerator until it is chilled.
3. Macaroni and Cheese waffle
- Dried small elbow pasta – 2 cupsKosher salt – to tasteButter – 2 tbsp. + for greasingFlour – 1 tbsp.Whole milk – 1 cupMustard sauce – 1 tsp.Cheddar cheese – 566 gMaple syrup – for serving
- Take a large post, add the pasta with lukewarm water, and salt.Bring the ingredients to boil over high heat, occasionally stirring.Cook for 5-6 minutes until pasta is tender. Drain pasta and keep aside.Meanwhile, take a saucepan and combine butter and flour. Cook them for some time until pale golden n colour.Slowly add whole milk while constantly stirring.Also add hot sauce and mustard and whisk to combine.Then bring to simmer and add grated cheese.Stir until the ingredients are melted and a smooth texture is obtained. You can also use a blender to achieve the desired consistency.Pour the cheese sauce into cooked pasta and stir well to combine them.Take a greased baking sheet and pour the mixture onto it. Flatten using a spatula.Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.Preheat the waffle iron and carefully cut macaroni and cheese into equal and even squares. With the help of a spatula, lift one square and place on slab. Cover with cheese and then put another square of macaroni on top of the cheese, creating a sandwich.Place the sandwich in waffle maker and cook until golden brown in color and cheese has crisped.Remove from iron, serve with syrup and hot sauce.
4. Mac n Cheese omelette
- Melted butter- 1 tbspEggs- 4 (large)Milk- ½ cupSalt and pepperMac n Cheese- ¼ cupCrumbled bacon- 2 stripsCoriander for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together and keep it aside.In another pan melt the butter over low heat and add egg premix and leave it for 2-3 minutes. Add the Mac n Cheese and bacon and transfer the mixture to the skillet and keep in the oven for 2 minutes until it gets firm.Remove it from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Cut it from the centre and serve with salad.
5. Spinach Mac n Cheese
- Butter – 2 tbsp.Minced garlic – 2 clovesSpinach – 140 gMilk – 3 cupsKosher salt – 2 tspFreshly ground black pepper – 2 tspMacaroni – 2 cupsShredded cheddar cheese – ¾ cupShredded mozzarella cheese – 3 cups
- First, preheat the oven to 450-degree F.Then, take a large pan and melt butter in it.Add garlic, and spinach and cook until it is floppy.Then slowly add milk, salt and pepper, and stir until milk is boiled.After that, add macaroni and cook until well-coated with milk.Finally, add both the cheese and keep stirring until melted completely.Sprinkle some more mozzarella on top and bake for about 7-8 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and starts to bubble up.
6. Mac n Cheese Breadsticks
- Frozen macaroni and cheese dinner – 1Premade pizza dough – 1 tubeOlive oil – for toppingParmesan cheese – for toppingItalian seasoning – for seasoning
- First, preheat the oven to 200-degree C.Take the frozen macaroni and cut into 8 equal-sized sticks.Also cut 8 strips from the pizza dough.Wrap each of the mac n cheese strips with pizza strips. Do not leave any parts of the cheese uncovered.Place all the rolls into a greased baking sheet.Brush olive oil over each of the sticks and sprinkle parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning over it.Bake it for 15-20 minutes, or until the sticks are completely cooked and turn golden brown.Remove from oven and let cool!