This recipe is for the chicken lovers who wish to try a bit different chicken dish that is fried, spicy and highly flavourful. This dish also comes with added masala gravy that makes this fried dish more interesting and balances the dryness of the fried chicken. This spicy lip-smacking chicken masala fry can be enjoyed just on its own or accompanied with steamed rice, biriyani, pulao, naan, paratha, roti and more.
So, let’s get started with the recipe:
- 500 grams Chicken cut into small pieces (boneless or with bones)
- 2 Tablespoons curd
- 1 Teaspoon lime juice
- 1 Heaped teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4th Teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Kashmiri chili powder
- ½ Teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ Teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 Teaspoon chicken powder (2 cubes of Maggi or Knnor chicken powder)
- 1 Tablespoon roasted chickpea flour (Besan)
- Salt to taste
- 4 Slightly slit green and red chillis
- 4-5 Big green chillis (non-spicy variant)
- 3/4th Cup red, yellow and green bell peppers, cut into small cubes
- Oil for deep fryin
- Marinate the chicken with all the powder spices and curd and salt. Add the chickpea flour at the end. Mix everything well. Marinate the chicken for at least half an hour; it will be good if you marinate it overnight.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a wok. Lower the flame to medium-low and add the chicken pieces one by one after shaking off the excess marinade. Do not overcrowd the space and don’t disturb the chicken pieces for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, flip the chicken pieces and let them fry for a few seconds.
- Cover with a lid, lower the flame and cook for 2 munites. Uncover, and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Take out the fried chicken pieces draining the oil carefully.
- Sprinkle the chillis and peppers with a little salt and fry them in the same oil for about 20 seconds, take them out of the oil and keep them aside.
- Now, keep the used oil separately, and keep only about 1 tablespoon in the wok (this flavourful oil can be re-used to prepare other chicken dishes).
- Add the marinade masala to this oil and mix well. On low-medium flame, cover the wok and cook the masala mix for 2 minutes. Uncover and cook a little more till it looks fully done.
- Serve the fried chicken topped with the fired chillis and peppers along with the masala gravy in a bowl. Bon Appetit!