The summer season is at its peak, but the fried food lovers will always crave some crispy fried goodies no matter how much the temperatures soar. In fact, there are very few how wouldn’t like some tasty and crispy snack items. However, during summers heavy, oily snacks really make one feel giddy afterward. So, here’s a nice, light and crispy snack that would be perfect in any season, any time. Although deep fried, they don’t soak or retain much oil and remain light. Moreover, these can be stored in the fridge and fried whenever desired for a quick treat.
So, without further ado, let’s jump start with the recipe.
- 2 Whole sweet corns (maize)
- ½ Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup corn flour
- ½ Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon garlic paste
- ¼ Turmeric powder
- ½ Teaspoon kashmiri chili powder
- ½ Italian herbs
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped green chili (de-seeded)
- ½ Cup finely chopped green onions
- Oil for deep frying
- Using a sharp knife cut the corn kernels off the cob neatly, put aside.
- Mix the flours and all the ingredients except corn in a mixing bowl with a spoon. Add 1 cup of chilled water and make a light, sort of runny batter. Mix in the corn to this mixture.
You can store this mixture in refrigerator in an air-tight container for 2 days and fry the fritters whenever you like.
- Heat oil in a deep pan on medium to high heat.
- Pour the corn batter into the hot oil with a spoon and do not overcrowd the pot. Do not disturb for 1 minute, then move the pot lightly to move the oil in the pot. After another minute, then using a perforated spatula turn the corn fritters to evenly fry them.
- Fry till they are evenly light golden brown.
- Fry in batches. Place on a paper towel, serve hot and enjoy.