This baked dish is not only tasty but healthy as well. Packed with lots of vegetables and cheese, it offers good amounts of vitamins, protein, and other nutrients. What more, it is so filling that you can have this preparation for lunch or dinner.
So, without further ado, let’s start the recipe:
- 8-10 Cauliflower florets
- ½ Cup diamond shaped diced carrots
- ½ Cup broccoli florets
- 1/4th Cup chopped French beans
- ½ Cup diced mushrooms
- 1/4th Cup green peas
- ½ Cup potatoes, cut in small cubes
- ½ Cup finely chopped onions
- ½ Cup finely chopped bell peppers
- 1 Teaspoon garlic mince
- Salt to taste
- ½ Teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ Teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ Teaspoon oregano
- 1 Heaped tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4th Cup milk
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 Teaspoon white oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 Tablespoons of Cheddar cheese grated
- Boil all the vegetables except for onions and bell peppers. Boil for about 5 minutes, adding the broccoli towards the end.
- In a wok, heat the butter and oil together on low-medium flame. Add the garlic paste and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add all the vegetables and sauté for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the seasonings – salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and oregano and toss. Turn off the flame. Set aside.
- In a pan heat the butter on low flame, add the flour and roast for a minute. Slowly add the milk while stirring continuously. Keep stirring to ensure there are no lumps. Cook on low flame while continuously stirring for another minute, and the white sauce is ready.
- Pour in the prepared vegetables in the white sauce. Mix well for 30 seconds and turn off the flame.
- Grease a baking dish with some oil or butter. Add the prepared vegetables and smoothen the surface. Give the dish a few gentle taps to even out the veggie mixture further and to fill out gaps, if any.
- Spread the grated mozzarella cheese to coat the vegetables completely.
- Spread the cheddar cheese as the top layer.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven on 180 degree Celsius for 10-15 minutes, till you see a nice golden crust.
- Serve hot and enjoy.