Here is a very filling, super tasty and healthy spring roll recipe. It has chicken and veggies, along with some healthy sprouts as well. And it is also fully gluten free.
So, let’s get started.
- 500 Grams boneless chicken, roughly minced
- 10 Medium sized prawns (heads and tails removed, deveined)
- 1/4th Cup grated carrots
- 1/4th Cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4th Cup finely chopped capsicum
- 3/4th Cup finely chopped Onions
- 1 and ½ teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 Teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper powder
- Rock salt to taste
- ½ Cup moog dal sprouts
- 1 Teaspoon butter
- 3 Teaspoons oil
- 10 Rice sheets or rice paper
- In a wok heat one a teaspoon of oil. Add prawns and sprinkle some salt on them.
- Fry for just about 30 seconds and sprinkle a splash of water and fry for few more seconds till they are pink and dry. Do not overcook or prawns will harden.
- Let the prawns cool, then cut each prawn into 2 slices from the vein area to the belly area. Keep aside.
- In the same wok heat the one teaspoon oil. Add the onions, fry them well. Then add the bell peppers, capsicum, and the carrots. Add some salt and try for another minute on medium flame. Keep the veggie mix aside.
- In the same wok heat the rest of the one teaspoon oil along with the butter, add the ginger and garlic paste. Sauté for a minute.
- Add the minced chicken. Add salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes on low flame. Uncover and cook for another 2 minutes on medium flame, till the chicken is fully done but not overcooked. Keep aside and let cool.
- In a flat high sided dish or plate, in which you can comfortably dip the rice papers, take some warm water.
- Take one rice paper, dip it in the warm water a couple of times and shake off the excess water. Place on a flat surface to quickly arrange the filling.
- First, arrange 1 tablespoon of chicken mince on one corner of the rice paper, and arrange in a strip form shaping with fingers.
- Next, place 1 tablespoon of veggie mix in a parallel line after the chicken.
- Now place 1 prawn (2 slices) after the veggie line with the pink side facing down.
- Fold the rice paper over the chicken, then do the second fold over the veggie mix, and then roll over the prawn. Tuck in the sides inside while rolling.
- Just before finishing folding the spring roll add some sprouts.
- Finish the roll, tap some water if needed at the edge and seal.
- Repeat the process to arrange all the spring rolls.
- Serve immediately with ketchup or hot sauce.