Children or adults, when we think of chocolates, most of us can’t help stop thinking of eating some. Chocolates are actually healthy if eaten in moderation. Cocoa, the primary ingredient of chocolates is full of antioxidants and nutrients that are highly beneficial to health. Eating chocolates also releases happy hormones in our brains, and thus, can be a mood lifter. Chocolates also energize our body due to the presence of cocoa. So, one can actually grab some cubes of chocolates when feeling low or just lacking energy.
However, a whole lot of chemicals, artificial flavours and preservatives are added into the making of most of the commercially produced chocolates. So, should you deprive yourself and your children of this delicious treat which is otherwise healthy without the added chemicals? Definitely not, as you can avoid the store bought harmful chocolates and make your own, very healthy chocolates right at home. Here’s how:
This homemade chocolate recipe is for making fully vegan, refined sugar free and dairy free fruit chocolates. It is very simple and quick, and requires just a few ingredients. So let’s get started:
What all you need:
1. 1-Cup cocoa butter
2. ½ Cup of unsweetened natural cocoa powder
3. 2-4 Tablespoons of organic maple syrup or organic honey (as per taste)
4. ½ Teaspoon of vanilla extract
5. 1-2 tablespoons of finely chopped dry fruits (almonds, cashews and raisins)
6. Silicon chocolate/ice-cream making mould tray
How to make:
- Take the cocoa butter, mix in cocoa powder first and then the maple syrup/honey and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry fruits in the mixture last, or you can also place them at the bottom of each silicon mould, so you can see the fruits on top of your chocolates.
- You will get a gooey and thin mixture.
- Pour this mixture slowly into each section of your silicon mould tray.
- Put the silicon mould tray inside the freezer, and freeze for an hour. And you are done.
Enjoy super healthy chocolates. Eat in moderation though.