Here is a super yummy and filling keema aloo kebab or chop recipe. These will explode taste and flavors in your mouth and are simply mouthwatering. You must try this one to believe how delicious they are. The best thing is that this recipe is gluten-free as well, as it avoids breadcrumbs or wheat flour as the binding agent that is usually used in such recipes.
So let’s take a quick look at how to make amazingly tasty ‘Potato Keema Kebab or Chops’
- Keema (minced chicken or mutton) – 250gms
- Potatoes – 500 gms, boiled and peeled
- Fresh coriander leaves – 4 tablespoons finely chopped
- Fresh mint leaves – 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- Green chili – 1-2, chopped finely
- Chaat masala – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Crushed paprika or chili flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Egg – 2
- Corn flour – 2 tablespoons
- White cooking oil
- In a wok heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for about a minute. Add the minced meat.
- Add coriander, mint, chili, dry spices, lemon juice, and salt to taste and cook on high heat for a couple of minutes. Cover with a lid and cook on medium-low flame.
Note: Remember, minced mutton with taking around 15-20 minutes to cook thoroughly, while minced chicken will just take over 5 minutes. Don’t overcook if making the dish with minced chicken.
- Uncover the lid and check for moisture. Mix the corn flour with 4 tablespoons or water and make a lump free slurry.
- Add the slurry slowly into the minced meat mixture and cook till it combines well and becomes fully dry. Take off the flame and keep aside to cool down.
- Grate the boiled potatoes to make lump-free mashed potatoes.
- In a bowl season the mashed potatoes with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Separate the keema mix into equal portions and make equal portions of the mashed potatoes as well. you can make the kebabs/chops into your preferable size.
- While keeping a bowl of water handy, take a portion of mashed potato. Make it into a smooth ball and then flatten it in your palm. Smooth out all cracks with a light dab of water during the process.
- Place a portion of the minced meat mixture inside this and cover with the mashed potato. Again roll it into a ball shape and then flatten it a bit, while using a dab of water to help make a smooth kebab.
- Follow this process until all the kebabs are made.
- Heat enough oil in a deep pan, so that the kebabs dip over half their height in it.
- Take a kebab/chop, dip it in the beaten egg mixture and put it in heated oil. Repeat with all the kebabs. Fry them evenly on both sides. They are done when they get golden brown.
Serve hot with any sauce or chutney of your choice and enjoy!