1. Honey and Banana Porridge
- Porridge oats – 43 gSemi-skimmed milk – 1 cupLow-fat Greek yoghurt – 1 tbsp.Honey – 1 tbsp.Banana – half
- Take a saucepan, add oats and milk, place it over medium heat and cook until the mixture begins to boil.Cook for another 5 minutes over low heat until the porridge thickens.Remove the pan from heat and pour into a bowl.Top it with a spoonful of yoghurt, chopped banana, a little honey and a few toasted almonds.
2. Scrambled Eggs on Toast
- Egg yolks – 4Egg whites – 2Olive oil – 1 tbsp.Garlic powder – 1 tspParsley – ½ tsp.Whole- grain bread – 1 sliceTomato paste – 1 tbsp.
- Take a non-stick skillet and place in on low heat. Add olive oil.Put the egg yolks into the skillet and stir them into the oil for a minute.Then add the egg whites and stir more.Also add a pinch of black pepper and salt.Then stir in chopped parsley and garlic powder. Drizzle olive oil.Stir eggs every minute or so until the eggs are mostly solid but still reflect and look moist.Toast your bread and spread the tomato paste evenly. Serve eggs on top.
3. Smoked Chicken Salad
- Ripe mango – 1Ripe avocado – 1Squeeze of lemon juiceSmoked chicken breast – 150 gMixed salad leaves (baby spinach and rocket) – 100 gPine nuts – 1 tbsp.Olive oil
For the dressing
- Orange juice – 1 tbspLemon juice – 1 tbsp.Mustard – 1 tbsp.Olive oil – 1 tbsp.Sea salt and black pepper
- Peel the mango and make thin slices.Then halve the avocado and remove the stone. Peel off the skin and slice into fresh strips.Squeeze over a little lemon juice and then arrange over the mango slices.Cut the chicken into thin slices and put on the plate.Neatly pile the salad leaves in the middle.For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl.Spoon the dressing over the salad and serve with a handful of pine nuts.
4. Peanut butter pancakes
- Eggs – 2Egg whites – 3Peanut butter – 2 tbsp.Skimmed milk – ½ cupOats – 43 gVanilla whey protein – 2 scoopsFrozen yoghurt
- Take a frying pan, put over low heat and add a dash of oil.Take a bowl and add all the ingredients. Blend them until smooth.Pour the liquid onto the frying pan and fry until cooked and golden on both sides.Serve with some frozen yoghurt and peanut butter.
5. Margherita Flatbread Pizza
- Naan bread – 1Fresh mozzarella cheese (1/3 – ½ inch thick) – 3 piecesTomato (sliced) – 1Basil leaves – 5-6Dry garlic powder – 1 tspOlive oil – ½ tbsp.Vinegar – ½ tbsp.Salt and pepper – to taste
- Preheat the oven to 176-degree C.Mix garlic powder with oil.Take the flatbread and brush with garlic and oil.Place in the oven for 5 minutes so that it becomes crispy.Remove the flatbread from oven and place 3 slices of cheese on top of it.Sprinkle with salt & pepper, then place thinly sliced tomatoes on top and repeat with a sprinkling of salt & pepper.Place back in the oven for another 5 minutes, plus extra 2-3 minutes on broil.Meanwhile mix the remaining oil & garlic with the balsamic vinegar, stirring until a smooth emulsion forms.Chop the basil leaves.Once flatbread pizza is baked and the edges are golden in color, remove from the oven, drizzle with balsamic vinegar mixture, sprinkle with basil leaves, slice and serve and enjoy!
6. Red sauce pasta
For the Tomato Sauce :
- Tomatoes (diced) – 5-6Garlic clove – 1Onion – 1Water – ½ CupBay leaf – 1Sugar – ½ tspBasil leaves – 4-5Onions (chopped) – 1 tbsp.Garlic (chopped) – ½ tbsp.Salt – to tasteOil – to sauté
For the Pasta :
- Pasta – 110 gramWater – 3 cupsA pinch of Salt
Instructions :To prepare the sauce :
- First, cook the tomatoes in a pan.Add the clove of garlic, onion and bay leaf to it.Then, add water and season with salt and sugar.Cover and let the tomatoes boil.Let them cool and then grind to a puree.Take a separate pan, heat oil and add chopped onions and chopped garlic.Add the tomato puree. Cook till it’s reduces to half.Add basil leaves and keep aside.
To prepare the pasta :
- Boil water with salt.Add the pasta to it and let it boil. Drain when done.Transfer in a serving dish and serve with the tomato sauce.
7. Pumpkin Soup
- Onion (peeled, chopped) – ½Olive oil – 1 tablespoonTomato paste – 1 tablespoonRed Thai Curry Paste – 1 tablespoonPumpkin puree – 435 gMinced ginger root – 1 tablespoonGarlic clove (peeled, chopped) – 1 tablespoonVegetable broth – 1 cupCoconut milk – 1½ cupsPlain or whole-grain gluten-free bread (diced into chunks) – 2 slicesSalt – ½ teaspoonPepper – ½ teaspoonLemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Take a pan, add in olive oil over medium heat.Add onion and sauté until soft.Add tomato paste, red curry paste, pumpkin puree, ginger, garlic, vegetable broth, and coconut milk to the pan and stir until thoroughly heated through.Transfer soup mixture to a blender and add in lemon juice, salt, pepper, and the bread chunks.Blend on low and slowly increase to the highest setting and blend until completely smooth.Transfer to serving bowls and enjoy!!