1. BBQ Chicken
- Chicken breasts – 6
For the BBQ sauce –
- Onion pasteGrated onion – 1Red chillies (de-seeded) – 2Garlic – 5 podsOlive oil – 2 tbsp.Orange juice – 1 cup
- Balsamic vinegar – 1 ½ tbsp.Worcestershire sauce – 1 tbsp.Tomato ketchup – 1 tspMustard powder – 1 tspSea salt – to tastePaprika – 1 tspWhite pepper powder – 2 pinchesBrown sugar – 2 tbsp.
- Fennel seeds – 1 tspFresh rosemary – 1 sprigFresh thyme – 1 tsp
- First take the chicken breasts and bash them with a rolling pin or meat mallet.Then take a mixer to form the paste with onion, red chillies and garlic pods.Take a pan and Sauté this paste in olive oil for a few minutes.One the onion paste is ready take all the juice ingredients in a bowl and mix them well.Also, crush fennel, rosemary and thyme to a powder and add to the juice mixture.Mix the juicy mixture with the onion paste and cook on medium fire for about 20 minutes.Use the prepared BBQ t marinate the chicken and leave overnight.Place them on the grilled tray and glaze with some oil.Grill until BBQ’d.
2. Afghani Paneer
- Paneer (cubed) – 500 gmMelon seeds – 1 tbsp.Cashew nuts – 1 cupPoppy seeds (soaked for 1 hour) – 1 tbsp.Cream – 1 cupButter – 2 tbsp.Powdered black pepper – 2 tspCardamom – 5-6Salt – to taste
- Take a mixer and add all the dry ingredients to form a powdered mix.Mix with cream and butter to prepare the paste.Marinate paneer with the paste for an hour or two.Grill in a tandoor or electric grill till golden and serve hot.
3. Vegetable and Cheese skewers
For skewers :
- Garlic cloves – 5Cumin – 1/2 tspPepper cornsPaneer – 250 gCucumber – 1Skewers sticksLemon (squeezed) – 1Green olives – 10Chilli flakes – 1/2 tspBlack pepper – 1/2 tspBasil leaves – HandfulRed wine vinegar – 1 tbsp.Red bell pepper – 1Onion – 1Extra virgin olive oil – 3 tbsp.
For hung curd dipping :
- Hung curd – 600 mlExtra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp.Chilli powder – 1 tspBlack pepper – 1/2 tspLemon (squeezed) – 1Salt – to flavourCoriander leaves (finely chopped) – HandfulHoney – 1 tbsp.Cucumber (de-seeded and finely chopped) – 1
- First prepare the marinate by grinding together garlic, green olives, chilli flakes, cumin, black pepper, few sprigs of basil leaves and salt.Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice, to the powdered mix and combine with the paste.Thread onion, paneer, and red bell pepper on the skewers sticks.Massage marinate into the skewers.Pre heat the grill pan and drizzle it with olive oil.Gently lower the skewers into the pan and grill it.
For hung curd dip :
- Take a bowl, add hung curd, olive oil, chilli powder, black pepper, lemon juice, salt, dill leaves, coriander leaves, honey and cucumber.Mix it well and serve it with the skewers.
4. Seekh Kebab
- Lamb (minced 2 times) – 1/2 kg (8 pieces)Lamb fat – 75 gProcessed cheese – 100 gGinger paste – 1 tbsp.Green chillies to tasteGarlic paste – 1 tspKashmiri red chilli powder – 1/2 tspGaram masala – 1 tspSalt – to tasteJeera powder – 1 tspButter – 50 g
For garnishing :
- Chaat masalaGreen coriander, chopped
- Take a large mixing bowl, add lamb mince with finely minced lamb fat and grated cheese, and mix them well.Add ginger paste, green chilli, garlic paste and all the remaining spices. Mix thoroughly.
Skewer this mixture and cook in moderately hot tandoor for about 12-15 minutes basting with butter in between.
Remove from skewers, sprinkle chaat masala and chopped coriander.
5. Tandoori Chicken
- Large Chicken pieces with skin (2 pieces breast, 2 pieces of thighs, a couple of wings) – 8Oil – to tasteFor the marinade:Red chilli paste – 4 tspGinger and garlic paste – 3 tbsp.Chaat masala – 2 tspOil – 1 tbsp.Curd – 3 tbsp.Salt – to tasteLemon (juiced) – 1/2Tandoori Masala – 1 ½ tsp
For the tandoori masala :
- Cinnamon – 2 sticksBlack peppercorns – 1 tbsp.Green cardamom – 5Brown cardamom – 3Coriander seeds – 2 tspCumin seeds – 2 tspCloves – 3Bay leaf – 1Turmeric – ¾ tsp
- Take a bowl, mix together ginger and garlic paste, red chilli paste, chaat masala, tandoori masala, oil, curd, salt and lemon juice.To prepare the tandoori masala, take a pan and dry roast cinnamon, peppercorns, green cardamom, brown cardamom, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaf and turmeric powder. Grind the spices to make a dry powder
Rub the marinade on the chicken pieces, over the skin and underneath it.Make small gashes in the chicken pieces for the marinade to coat it nicely.Marinate the chicken pieces for 30 minutes.Char grill the chicken pieces on a griller or tandoor. Baste with oil at regular intervals.Serve with lemon wedges and onion rings.