Don’t you just love eating peaches in the summer? We do too! And besides enjoying peaches as fruits, there are many delicious recipes that can be made with them as well. They are used in desserts, sides, dressings and even some main courses and how can you not rely on a fresh peach drink to refresh yourself in this hot summer! So, just in case, you are still alien to the various mouth-watering dishes that can be made with peaches, here’s a collection of our absolute favourites!
1. Peach Iced Tea
- Ripe peaches – 3 Sugar – 1 cupWater – 250 mlTea bags – 2-3
- First wash the peaches and cut them into small pieces.Take a pan, add water and cut peaches and heat for about 5 minutes on simmer until the peaches become soft. Take a blender or masher and smash the pieces. Cook for another 10 minutes on low heat.Then remove from heat and keep aside for 30 minutes.Transfer the entire mixture to a blender or food processor and blend together to make a smooth mixture.Drain the mixture through a sieve and extract the skin part out.You will get the peach syrup in your container.Make regular tea without milk and chill.Pour peach syrup into the serving glasses along with chilled tea. Stir to combine.
2. Caramel Crumble Peach Pie
For the crust :
- All-purpose flour – 1 1/4 cupsGranulated sugar – 2 teaspoonFine salt – 1/4 teaspoonUnsalted butter- cut into small pieces and chilled – 1/2 cupIce water – 3-5 tablespoons
For the crumbs :
- Flour – ¾ cup· Granulated sugar – ¼ cupPacked light-brown sugar – ¼ cupDash of saltCinnamon – ½ teaspoon Unsalted butter- cut into small pieces and chilled – 6 Tablespoon
- Salted caramel sauce – 1/4 cupPeaches- peel and cut into 1/2-inch slices – 70 gCorn starch – 1/4 cupCinnamon – 1/4 teaspoon
For Serving :
- Salted caramel sauce
- To make the crust:Take a food processor, add flour, sugar and salt, and blend them together.Then add cubed chilled butter and blend until it has coarse appearance. Add three tablespoons ice water into the mixture and blend again. The mixture should be crumbly.Shape the dough into a disc and wrap, set in the fridge at least 1 hour.Dust the work surface with flour and roll out the dough to make 12-13 inch circle, then transfer it in a 9 inch pie dish, fold the edges and crimp with your finger.Set in the fridge while prepare the filling.
To make the crumb :
- Take a bowl, add granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, dash of salt and flour. Stir to mix them together.Then add cubed chilled butter and press it with a fork to combine evenly.Set in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 425-degree F.Peel the peaches, and cut them into ½ inch slices and place in a large bowl.Add corn starch mixed with cinnamon, then add salted caramel sauce and toss to coat them evenly. Let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.Finally pour it into pie shell.Sprinkle with the crumbs and place into preheated oven. Bake for 10 minutes and then reduce the temperature of microwave and bake for 45-60 minutes more or until the top are golden brown.Cool to room temperature before serving.Served with salted caramel sauce.
3. Peaches and Cream Waffle
- Butter – 1/3 cupSugar – 1⁄2cupEggs – 2 large Flour – 2 cupsBaking powder – 2 teaspoonsSalt – 1⁄2 teaspoonMilk – 1 cup Sliced peaches, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces – 1 1⁄2 cupsVanilla – 1⁄2 teaspoonLemon juice – 1⁄2 teaspoonLight vanilla ice cream – ¼ cup
- Take a large metal or glass bowl, add butter and sugar, and mix to make a smooth paste. Add the eggs and beat until well mixed.Take another bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt, and mix well. Then add the flour mixture to the egg mixture along with the milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix well.Fold in the peach pieces. Bake in a well-greased waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.Top with vanilla ice cream!
4. Peaches ‘N’ Cream Lasagna
- Peaches, sliced – 8 small Sugar – 1/4 c.Brown sugar – 1/4 c.Cinnamon – 1 tsp.Graham crackers – 15Heavy cream – 2 c.Powdered sugar - 1/4 c.Vanilla extract – 1 tsp.Sliced almonds – 1/4 c.
- Take a large bowl, add peaches, brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon and combine.Toss until the peaches are evenly coated in the sugar.Refrigerate for 30 minutes.Take another large bowl, combine heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla.Beat mixture with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form to prepare the whipped creamThen take an 8″ square baking pan, place graham crackers in an even layer. Spread an even layer of whipped cream over the graham crackers, top with peaches and then sprinkle some almonds on top.Repeat three more times. Chill in refrigerator until the graham crackers have softened, about 2 hours.Serve cold.
5. Fresh Peach Cobbler
- Fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced – 8 largeOrganic brown sugar – 1/3 cupOrganic sugar – 1/3 cupLemon juice – 1 tspCorn starch – 2 tspCinnamon – 1/2 tspNutmeg – 1/4 tsp
For the topping :
- All-purpose flour – 1 1/2 cupsOrganic brown sugar – 1/3 cupOrganic sugar – 1/3 cupBaking powder – 1 1/2 tspSalt – 1/2 tspButter, cut into small pieces – 1 stickBoiling water – 1/3 cup
Additional topping :
- Organic sugar – 4 tspCinnamon – 1 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 425°Take a large mixing bowl. Peel, remove pits and slice peaches.Sprinkle brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, corn starch, lemon juice and nutmeg over peaches. Stir until peaches are coated. Take 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour the mixed ingredients into it.Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven.Take a medium bowl, add flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt, and whisk them together.Take a blender, mix butter into flour mixture and blend until mixture becomes crumbly.Pour in boiling water and stir until combined.Spoon mixture over peaches and spread gently making sure to cover the peaches.Take a bowl, mix organic sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on top of the cobbler.Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.Top with vanilla ice cream.Best served warm. Enjoy!