Pumpkin is one diverse vegetable indeed. Firstly, there is no particular season to buy this versatile vegetable, second, it is used all over the world in a variety of ways in almost all cuisines. There is actually no end to what all recipes you can prepare with it. Its natural sweetness adds to the flavour of baked goods minus the guilt and you can also pair it with other spices and seasonings to spruce up your usual curry! Here, we’ve picked 5 of the most assorted and easy pumpkin recipes that you would love to try!
1. Baked Pumpkin
- Pumpkin – 1 ½ kg Salt and pepper – to taste Garlic cloves – 5 Sprigs of fresh thyme – handful Coriander seeds – 1 tsp Red wine vinegar – 2 tsp Dry red chillies – 3 Chilli powder – ½ tsp Olive oil
- Begin with pre-heating the oven to 200 degrees. Put pumpkin on the baking dish. Season it with salt and pepper. Make small insertions into the pumpkin by adding the garlic cloves. Drizzle olive oil over it and mix everything well. Bake for the 30 minutes. Serve.
2. Pumpkin-Oats Cake
- Pumpkin (peeled, grated) – 1 cup Jaggery (grated) – ¼ cup Wheat flour – ½ cup Semolina – 2 tbsp Quick roll oats – 2 tbsp Milk – 1 tbsp Nutmeg (grated) – ¼ tsp Salt – 1 pinch Baking powder – ½ tsp Soda bi-card – 2 pinches Clarified butter – 4 tsp Almond flex – 1 tbsp Cherry – 1
- Begin with peeling and grating the pumpkin. Remove the seeds and pulp. Take a microwave safe bowl, add the grated pumpkin with 2 tsp of ghee. Microwave for 3 seconds. Then add jaggery and mix well. Microwave for another 20 seconds. Then add wheat flour, semolina, oats, milk, nutmeg, salt, soda, and baking powder to the pumpkin mixture. Mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes. Take another microwave safe bowl and grease it. Pour the batter, sprinkle some ghee over it and bake on microwave + convection mode for 20 minutes. Remove from microwave and garnish with cherry.
3. Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
- Olive oil – 1 tsp Unsalted butter – ½ tbsp. Onion (diced) – 1 Garlic cloves (minced) – 2 Pumpkin puree – 1 cup Fat-free evaporated milk – 2 cups Salt – 1 tsp Black pepper – ½ tsp Nutmeg – 1/8 tsp Cinnamon – 1/8 tsp Parmesan cheese (finely shredded) – ¼ cup Pasta – 450 g
- Take a skillet and melt butter in it along with olive oil over medium heat.
Add onions, stir until translucent. Also add garlic and stir for a few seconds.
Remove the onion garlic mixture from flame and add it into a blender.
Add pumpkin, more than half of milk, ¾ salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon to the blender.
Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
Take a skillet and pour the mixture into it. Heat until it starts to bubble up.
Cook until the sauce is thickened to your desired consistency.
Add cheese and let it melt.
Add the cooked and drained paste. Toss to coat well.
Serve to plates and garnish with more parmesan.
4. Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin – ½ Honey – 1 tsp Cream – 1 cup Garlic – 1 bulb Onion – 1 Chicken stock – 2 litres Olive oil – as required Salt and pepper – to taste Red chillies – 2 Lemon juice – 2 tbsp Lemon zest – 2 tsp Thyme – handful
- Preheat the oven to 200-degree C Remove the pumpkin seeds and slash it in Drizzle a little olive oil, salt and pepper on the cut side of pumpkin. Spread it well. Poke the red chilli and put inside the pumpkin along with thyme. Drizzle some more olive oil on the onion and garlic and put them along with pumpkin into the oven to roast. Remove from oven and let it cool. Take a saucepan, scoop out the flesh of pumpkin and put it in it. Also add onion, garlic, and a cup of chicken stock. Blend the mixture well. Take a pan and add rest of the chicken stock into it. Heat with honey and cream. Bring it to simmer and add the seasonings according to your taste. Use red chilli, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive, salt and pepper to prepare a paste. Serve the soup into serving bowls and garnish with the chilli paste.
5. Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin – 425 g Condensed milk – 1 can Eggs – 2 Ground cinnamon – 1 tsp Ground ginger – ½ tsp Ground nutmeg – ½ tsp Salt – ½ tsp Unbaked pie crust – 1
- Start with pre-heating the oven to 425-degree F. Take a bowl and add pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, spices, and salt. Whisk well until smooth. Pour the mixture into the crust and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature of oven to 350-degree F and continue to bake for 30-40 minutes. Insert a knife to check if it comes out clean, if doesn’t make for a another few minutes. Remove the pie from oven, garnish, and serve!